April Catch Reports

bluebirdjones

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also broke my PB twice in one session but on a lesser scale. I went up to 22lb exactly then 24lb12oz in the space of two hours.

22lb (only photos were on mat because I was on my own and nobody was around!):

sdc10962.jpg

24lb12oz - Check out the gut on that!:

sdc10967w.jpg

I definitely need practice in holding the fish in a way that makes it look bigger as I've seen a photo of the fish caught last year at the same weight and it looks way bigger. The fact that I'm six foot four probably doesn't help.

The lighting isn't great either but I'll bear that in mind for next time.

while on the point there was a group of carp that keep passing over the shallows ..one was a big ghostie :shock:

you ever seen it

Never seen it mate, but ive heard that theres quite a few in there, i know they patrol the shallows ALOT but they seem to be the smaller carp

Hi All

Fished Horseshoe from Tuesday afternoon until Friday morning loads of people on there (40 plus on Tuesday night) so loads of pressure and the fishing slowed right down. Managed to have 3 at 16lb2, 19lb15 and dead on 23lb so very happy with that

Fished at a touch under 80 yards into the weed using long snowman rigs with odyssey xxx boilies

Ian

19lb 15oz

4571080948_06765b72a2.jpg

23lb

4570446773_eed21f54e3.jpg

alright lads, broke my pb , with a 34lb 3oz mirror!!!!

[IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

magic, absolute magic!!!!

bill :lol:

What a stonking mirror thats what its all about brilliant result, that will take some beating ay!! 8)

your telling me!! i think it will be a few years before i beat this one! but you never know lol :lol:

Hi All

Fished Horseshoe from Tuesday afternoon until Friday morning loads of people on there (40 plus on Tuesday night) so loads of pressure and the fishing slowed right down. Managed to have 3 at 16lb2, 19lb15 and dead on 23lb so very happy with that

Fished at a touch under 80 yards into the weed using long snowman rigs with odyssey xxx boilies

Ian

19lb 15oz

4571080948_06765b72a2.jpg

23lb

4570446773_eed21f54e3.jpg

good angling mate. my pal has just started using the odyssey xxx boilies aswell and he has had some amazing results!, might have to give them a bash???